Friday, June 28, 2013

Slow, but steady, progress

(Edit: I found this post that I forgot to publish. It's my new worktable!)

Part of this R2 project required me to clean my garage and make room. This is something that I've tried to do over the years, "clean the garage", which in the past mostly meant reorganizing the piles of stuff into new piles. This time it's different. Not only have I successfully cleaned nearly 3/4 of the space (there a much smaller pile now, donated a lot and threw away some, and what's left is stuff that we want to sort through.....later), but its given me plenty of room for a new work bench and room to have an R2 once it's on legs. Here's a pic of the new table. The top is a 4'x8' sheet of plywood that I got from Home Depot, but the top layer was some kind of wood that looked cool. So I sanded, stained, and clear coated it. It looks way better in person, and my wife says I'll be afraid to scratch it - how can it possibly be a work table?!? She may be right. Then there's two shelves for storage of parts and "works in progress", and I have room to sit at the table to work (I forsee lots of soldering in my future).

No comments:

Post a Comment